Chia pudding. One of the easiest and most versatile healthy breakfasts out there. Simply create the base and spoil yourself rotten with the toppings of your choice. I have added my favourite ones in the recipe for you.
Chia pudding is also such a scrumptious on-the-go breaky. Make it the night before and it’s ready to grab from the fridge in the morning.
Chia seeds are part of the so-called ‘superfoods’ family. These are foods that provide a massive amount of nutrients. And in the case of chia seeds, this is additionally achieved with very few calories. Hurray.
Chia seeds are a great source of essential omega-3 fats, fiber as well as plenty of minerals and vitamins. To get the most of chia seeds do soak them first – in water, milk or yoghurt – for at least a few minutes before consumption. You’re looking for the slime-ish consistency. This way you will ensure higher absorption of the minerals for your body.
Berries are also a superfood, which is why this breakfast has become a favourite of mine literally overnight. They are powerful antioxidants, contain many vitamins and minerals, and are low GL. Therefore very good for keeping your blood sugar levels and weight stable.
Coconut oil can be considered optional in this chia pudding recipe if you aren’t a big fan of the coconut taste. It creates the thickness in this meal and could be replaced with rolled oats instead. There goes another variation for you!
Chia pudding recipe
- 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
- 1,5 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1,5 cup of berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
1) Add chia seeds and milk in a small pot and heat up slightly.
2) Keep stirring the milk and once warm add the coconut oil and honey.
3) Remove from the heat once a nice thick consistency is achieved.
4) Add chia pudding to serving bowls and top with the berries and coconut pieces.
Making a quick yet delicious breakfast can really be as easy as this!
I hope you enjoy this chia pudding recipe and that you’ll add just the right toppings to kick start your day.
You May Also Like